On a whim, ignoring common sense, i made a lemon granita.
Everything happened rather quickly. I saw the lemons idling in the fridge: Scrape cut squeeze mix freeze. Then came the gentle afterthought. When on earth will I get around to finishing 600ml of crushed ice dessert in the winter?!
I prodded the dessert in the direction of the husband yesterday night and he munched it all away without even glancing at the cup. I wonder what that says about my cooking in general 😀
Oh well! Here is the recipe. It barely takes 5 minutes to do, not counting freezer time.
- As much sugar as you have lemon juice
- Water : around 8 times the juice
- grate the lemon rinds
- Boil the water, Add the sugar.
- Stir till it dissolves.
- Add this to the lemon juice. Top it off with the rinds.
- Check in every couple of hour and stir the liquid ice mixture. OR If you cannot be bothered / have other things going on in life, you could process the frozen block by blitzing it in your food processor, or by scraping with a spoon till you have the snow like consistency that one is looking for
You could eat / drink it on its own . or top it off with soda / liqueurs..