I recently bought a wok that works on my induction cooking thing. This has meant more deep-frying and stir frying.
After a year using only induction power to cook, I can’t ever imagine going back to a gas stove. Touch screen vs opening gas valve, fearing death = easy choice.
Here is an easy recipe inspired by something I remember seeing on Poh’s Kitchen. It gives me an opportunity to use my new wok and my mortar and pestle.
- make noodles / spaghetti
- put in dried red chilies to rehydrate
- save some water after straining
- make rempah (spice paste) in mortar and pestle – onion garlic chilies salt
- optional extras – fried peanuts, bit of soy, lemon, salt, sugar, water
- add spice paste to stir fried veggies and the spaghetti
- Enjoy sugary goodness. Heat from chilly aftertaste sets face on fire